***PEANUT BUTTER EGGS***
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 13/4 Cup powered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chocolate-I used 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter-Also substitute 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for the butter
- In a medium size bowl combine peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter together with a mixer.
- When combined, add powered sugar and vanilla extract.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to 1/2 inch or desired thickness. You can use those colorful plastic eggs or a cookie cutter to shape the dough to look like eggs. Or shape the eggs by using 1 tablespoon of mixture and hand shape the peanut butter into an egg shape.
- Place the peanut butter eggs on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- When all mixture is egg shaped, refrigerate or freeze eggs for about 30 minutes before coating with chocolate.
- When you are ready to dip the eggs, place chocolate or chips in a microwave proof bowl.
- Microwave chocolate in 30 second increments; stir often be careful not to over cook the chocolate.
- When chocolate is fully melted and dip able add the 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil; stir to combine the chocolate and butter together. Set aside.
- Remove peanut butter eggs from refrigerator and gently dip into the chocolate using a spoon to completely cover the eggs.
- Place dipped eggs on wax paper; allow chocolate to set.
You will have 16 to 20 eggs depending on their size.
- ***HAND PIES****
- 1 Box refrigerated pie crust(softened as directed on box)
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Cup prepared pie filling-your choice any flavor fruit
- 1/2 Cup powered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll each crust half to 1/16-inch thickness.
- Cut 51/2inch circles from each round of dough. Use pan lids to cut dough. I found different size circles make a variety of pie sizes. Large for hubby, small for me.(Re roll dough as necessary to 1/16″).
- Place 1 tablespoon filling on each dough circle.
- Moisten edges with beaten egg.
- Fold dough in half over filling-press with fork to seal.
- Place on un greased baking sheet. Prick tops with fork to let steam escape.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine powered sugar, milk and extract in small bowl. Stir well – drizzle over turn overs.
***LEMON SNACK CAKE***
Only 2 Ingredients!
- 1 box lemon flavor cake mix
- 1 can 15oz or larger lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, stir the cake mix and pie filling until moist and well blended. (Make sure there are no cake mix lumps. If cake mix is dry in bottom of the bowl, add a tablespoon of milk until all is well mixed.)
- Place mixture in greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown on top.