Blueberries are in season so have this delicious dessert while the berries are abundant. If you can buy in bulk or pick your own, just wash and freeze them on a sheet pan, then put into a zip lock bag for winter creations.
Oven 350ºF Bake 35 minutes, then 15 minutes more.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. instant tapioca
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract.
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with tapioca, lemon zest, and extracts.
- Place in a baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix crumbs, brown sugar and butter with fingers to crumbly stage. Sprinkle on top of berries. Resist the urge to add additional different berries to the mixture as it is wonderful just as it is.
- Bake about 35 minutes, remove and add the sliced almonds and return to the oven for 15 minutes more.
- Serve warm with ice cream or just as it is.