Forget the box!
****SUPER EASY BASIC GRANOLA****
- 21/2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 11/2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (I used plain pancake syrup)
- 1/2-3/4 Cup raisins or dried fruit Add any ingredients that you like- nuts,seeds or coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Toss together the oats, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the oil and syrup.
- Divide mixture between 2 large rimmed baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Bake until golden and toasted, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir every 10 to 15 minutes and switch pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Taste test after 20 minutes.
- Immediately transfer granola to a large bowl and let cool completely. Stir occasionally.
- When it cools toss in any ingredients you like.
- Store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
****GRANOLA COOKIES-YOUR WAY****
- 1 Cup butter softened
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups of your homemade granola
- Any add-ins your prefer to equal 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in the granola and your favorite add-ins.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto greased cookie sheet. 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven.