The month of pumpkins and Halloween treats starts my creativity rolling.
What do I have in the pantry? I spot some, silver, medium size paper muffin cups and also small ice cream cones. Hummm. This could work into something. I imagine little witch heads with peaked hats like the picture below.
So let’s get started.
- Medium silver paper muffin cups
- Gingham, checked chocolate muffin cups
- 1 box small, pointed, ice -cream cones
- 1 box chocolate muffin/brownie mix
- 1 lb chocolate flavored candy coating chocolate
- 1 container purchased chocolate icing
- 6″ wood skewers for the broom
- Raffia for the broom
- Mix Brownie as per the box, and spoon into silver muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350F.
- Baking time as suggested for smaller muffins, testing with a skewer. Cool.
- Melt candy melt chocolate over hot, not boiling water.
- With a small brush, coat ice-cream cones with chocolate.
- Cut raffia in 6″ pieces and bunch together, tie off on one end of skewer to resemble a broom.
- Decorate tops of muffins with a good dollop of icing.
- Place patterned, empty muffin cup, upside down over iced muffin, creating a hat brim.
- Place chocolate covered cone at an angle onto muffin cup using more icing to secure in place.
- Using wood skewer (broom), thread point of skewer through cup and muffin to stabilize.