Pumpkin treats for fall snacking Fall is here. Pumpkin’s popular!
****PUMPKIN OAT MUFFINS****
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 Cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup regular or quick oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup your choice of add-ins. Nuts, dried cranberries or chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Stir well, until mixed.
- In another medium bowl, combine egg, pumpkin,milk and oil; stir until smooth.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients, mix well until moistened and well blended.
- Stir in oats and your favorite add-ins.
- Fill prepared muffin pan, either grease muffin tins or use paper liners. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until tester comes out clean.
****ICED PUMPKIN LATTE****
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 Tablespoons canned pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Cup of strong brewed coffee
- Brew your cup of coffee. Place in refrigerator until cool.
- In a saucepan; combine milk, pumpkin puree and sugar.
- Cook on low heat, stirring; just until the sugar and pumpkin are dissolved.
- Remove from heat-stir in vanilla extract and spice.
- Transfer to blender and process for 15 seconds until frothy. Or whisk the mixture with a wire whisk.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Add coffee on top.
FOR A HOT DRINK:
Just add whipped mixture from pan to a mug, then add expresso or coffee on top.