Chairman Howard Salles called the meeting to order at 3:00. We recited the Pledge of Allegiance as usual. Representatives of 25 committees were present.
The Secretary’s Minutes from the December meeting were approved unanimously, motion by Warren Smith and seconded by Barbara Boxer. The Treasurer’s reports were handed out to each chairperson present, and were accepted for review.
Tammy Martin started out with the Park Manager’s Report. She apologized to Tennis for the delay in replacing their wind screens, and to Special Meals for the malfunctioning ovens. They are both going to be taken care of ASAP. Pat Parks (Shuffleboard) asked if someone could come and wash the canopy over the courts, and Tammy said Gary would get someone right on it.
Billie Pimentel-Lopez gave the Activities Director’s report.
- The signup sheets for the new year’s committees are out in a binder on the credenza.
- There’s a Bash next Wednesday from 5-7 PM, featuring Hot Coals and Cool Music.
- Resident Appreciation Days: Tuesday 3/13 will be the dance and Thursday the 15th will be the catered meals and the show.
- Resident-run games can be scheduled with Billie, make sure your time isn’t conflicting with another group’s reservation.
- Tickets for the catered meal will be handed out Tuesday, 2/20, 1-5 PM; Wednesday 2/21, 9 AM – 1 PM; and Friday, 2/23, 9-12 AM and 1-5 PM. YOU MUST SHOW YOUR BADGE TO GET YOUR TICKETS.
- If none of these scheduled times are convenient, call Billie and talk to her.
- BINGO is enjoying large crowds and big jackpots.
- COMPUTER CLUB will hold a Chromebook 101 Class on Friday 1-19. And a File Management class on 2/20. Next regular meeting is Friday 1/26, new members always welcome.
- COUNTRY BREAKFAST has sold out for the third month in a row, and now considers 300 to be the new maximum number to feed during the winter season.
- DANCE had a wildly successful New Year’s Eve party. This weekend come see the Suzy Nash duo, Lee Allcorn will be here in February, and Rick Arnold and the Toe Jam Band in March.
- DECORATING – Christmas has been put away, next up are Valentine’s Day and the 50th Anniversary Party. They thank Dance Committee for their generous donation.
- DIVERSIONS hosted the Sevens Card Game. The Educator’s Appreciation Party is Jan. 23, signup before Friday if you want to come, all welcome. February 6 is the Spelling Bee and the Variety Show comes on the 17th.
- GENEALOGY is teaching with Webinars, come join them to learn about your family.
- LIBRARY – Book Bingo continues through January, then Blind Date with a Book starts, more details on that at Monday Coffees. They shelved 8416 books last year, with over 900 in December alone.
- MODEL YACHT CLUB – the Winter Series sails on Tuesday and Thursdays, Friday is a Fun Day, all are invited to come try their hand at sailing.
- MONDAY COFFEE has sponsors guaranteed through April. They thank the Tanglewood Church and the Health Fair for their extra muffins, and they thank Billie for continued help and support.
- PETANQUE is going “wicked good”. They’ll soon starting night play again, weather permitting.
- PICKLEBALL is very busy. They’re hosting the Heartland Senior Games, and some tournaments are being planned.
- POTLUCK thanks all who participate.
- SHUFFLEBOARD plays every day at 10 AM, unless it’s too cold. Playing equipment is kept in the shed, so anyone can come play at any time. In park tournament is Jan., 26, and an out-of-park tourney with Reflections is Feb. 2.
- SPECIAL EVENTS hosted the Showcase on January 5 and a show on the 14th. Next up: “Assisted Living – the Musical” on Jan. 28. Chairman Bruce reports a profit of $2011.11 for the Showcase. He is improving promotion of their shows with better advertising, Power Point slides at Monday Coffees, and on show nights, and putting notices in the TWRTimes.
- SPECIAL MEALS had a sell-out for their Winter BBQ dinner last night. They reported the problems with the ovens which Tammy had already addressed. Next up is the 50th Anniversary dinner on Feb. 24, tickets are on sale now.
- TABLE GAMES New people are coming out, and all are having a good time.
- TAG has canceled their March show, citing lack of volunteers. New ideas are being explored.
- TECH SUPPORT will try to clean the filters on the projector tomorrow. The row of golf cart parking spaces right in front of the Clubhouse is for handicapped parking at the shows, please be courteous.
- TENNIS plays Monday – Friday at 9 Am. They have a tournament on Jan, 24, and are a sponsoring team for the Heartland Senior Games. Lessons are available, just ask at the courts.
- TRIPS & TRAVEL is hoping more folks come to learn about the Ireland trip in September.
- TWRT encourages all committees to send their information to them for publication. We are also looking for Club News.
- WATER VOLLEYBALL is waiting for warmer weather.
- WELCOME continues to visit new residents and explain about ALL the activities here.
- WOOD AND GLASS SHOP relates plenty of interest in the new Glass classes. A conflict between the wood shop and the glass shop is being addressed.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: The elections for the 2018-19 year will be held in February. Information tables will be set up at Coffees on Jan, 22 and 29, with half of the committees on one day and the other half the second. A list is attached. Any major changes to TMAC will be postponed until March when the new officers take their seats.
Bruce Eberly suggested we do away with the immediate call for “Nominations Closed” at the elections, to give other people a chance to be nominated. Billie said she will be emphatic about leaving the process open until everyone has had a chance to speak.
NEW BUSINESS: Howard thanked the By Law Review committee – Paul Henry (chair), Warren Smith, Bill Rulli, Dianne Lane, and Howard Salles – for their many months of work. Copies of the proposed changes have been emailed to the committee chairs.
Several points were questioned. Howard asked that anyone who had a suggested change or question email him with the details. The vote on the proposed changes will be in February, and if accepted, will be adopted in March.
Meeting adjourned at 4:40. Next meeting will be February 21.
Submitted for approval,
Shirley Kabet, Secretary
January 17, 2018