****CHERRY PIE FILLING SALAD****
I think of cherries when it’s Washington’s birthday holiday.
Cherry pie filling salad can be a salad or a desert. You choose….
I made the basic ingredient recipe, but I have included; “Have it your way ideas”
- 1 (21oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple(drained)
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping(thawed)
- In a large bowl, mix cherry pie filling, condensed milk, crushed pineapple and whipped topping.
- Chill in refrigerator for a least 2 hours before serving(condensed milk needs to gel)
This makes enough for a potluck or family dinner. Cut the amount of each ingredient by 1/2 for a more reasonable 8 serving size.
After chilling: This salad can be frozen
Note: I did finish off the whole 16 serving size; myself…
HAVE IT YOUR WAY:
1 Cup mini marshmallows
Chopped mandarin oranges-drained
chopped nuts pecans, walnuts,slivered almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Any type of fruit pie filling-strawberry,blueberry, peach or raspberry
Drained fruit cocktail or diced peaches
Try individual servings in plastic containers-no leftovers
****CHERRY CRUMB DESSERT****
- 1(18 OZ) Package yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 Cups rolled quick oats-divided
- 1/2 Cup margarine or butter Room Temperature( divided)
- 1 Egg
- 1 (21oz) Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan
- Combine cake mix, 6 tablespoons butter and 1 cup rolled oats
- Reserve 1 cup of above mixture for crumb topping
- To the remaining mixture in the bowl, add egg; mix well
- Press into pan
- Pour cherry pie filling over crust
- Spread to cover
- In a large bowl, add the reserved 1 cup crumb mixture, the remaining1/4 cup of oats,the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brown sugar
- Mix well-sprinkle over cherries
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the topping is lightly browned
Also try Blueberry Pie Filling: Or flavor of your choice.
****NO BAKE CHERRY BALLS****
SUPER EASY! NO BAKE! ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS!
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup butter-Softened-2 Sticks
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup maraschino cherries-drained and chopped
- 3/4 Cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 Cups Quick oats
- Mix together all ingredients
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Shape into 1-inch balls
- Cover and keep in refrigerator
This recipe makes enough for a potluck-reduce ingredients by half for a two person household treat.
Have a good President’s Day Holiday