Puff pastry is easy when you buy the ready made sheets in the grocery freezer. This delightful pastry dessert uses a circle of puff pastry topped with a Cheese Cake type filling.
Once baked it is finished with ripe, seasonal fruit and an apricot glaze.
Preheated oven 375F 20-25 minutes.
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed in fridge.
- 1 package of cream cheese room temperature.
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 large egg, separated.
- 1 tsp fine zest of lemon rind.
- Sliced fresh fruit, (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries).
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp kirsch or apple juice
- Whip together soft cream cheese, sugar,egg yolk, and lemon zest.
- Roll out puff pastry to 10-1/2 ” circle.
- Cut a 1″ strip from around the outer edge and reserve.
- Place pastry circle on a greased cookie sheet, brushing 1″outer edges of pastry with lightly beaten egg white. This is now about a 9″ circle.
- Place reserved pastry strip on outer edge and press lightly to form a raised edge, trimming off any excess.
- Fill circle with cream cheese mixture, leaving the raised border free.
- Bake at 375F 25-30 minutes or until pastry edges are lightly browned and filling has risen and is pale golden. (filling will drop as it cools). Completely cool on a cake rack.
- Arrange sliced fruit on top over filling; warm the preserves and liquor, press through a fine sieve and brush over top of fruit. Easy and impressive!