****RICE & BEAN & VEGGIE SKILLET****
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper and 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 15oz can of white or black beans
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups instant rice-uncooked
- Cook and stir bell pepper and onion in hot oil in a large skillet with tight fitting lid on med-high heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and water-stir-bring to a boil.
- Add rice-stir
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer on med-low heat 5 minutes, or until rice is cooked to your taste.
Use any style or ingredients that you have on hand. This is a have it your way dish.
****QUICK VERSATILE SOUP****
- 5/8 can of tomato juice
- 1 15oz can white beans and/or 1 cup cooked pasta(your choice)
- 1 can mixed vegetables can have potatoes included
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot combine tomato juice, canned vegetables,beans or precooked pasta, onion, bouillon cubes, and water. (add what you like or already have in your kitchen)
- Bring to a boil and simmer until all ingredients are hot.
****RICE FLAVORED YOUR WAY****
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs or fire roasted tomatoes
- Any kind of white beans-I used navy beans(drained and rinsed)
- 2/3 cup instant rice or precooked leftover rice
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning or taco seasoning mix
- Place tomatoes and their juice, the beans(drained and rinsed), uncooked instant or leftover pre-cooked rice in a medium saucepan( season with Italian herbs or taco seasoning).
- Bring to a boil
- Cook over med-high heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes(stir occasionally).
- Check to see if rice is cooked and everything is heated through.
Take a break one night a week from meat.