Tanglewood Community Church provides money and some help to build churches and install water pumps to give clean drinking water to people in Guyana. Ben Yantis and others have been going to Guyana for years providing and installing water pumps to those living in some areas in Guyana. These pumps provided, for the first time, clean water to drink. The church has also provided money and some people to help the residents of Guyana to build churches. It takes $7,500 to provide the matterials to build each church.
The Church also gives over 25% of their collections to mostly local charities quarterly.
Ben Yantis gave a Guyana mission presentation. To see, please click on or copy and paste the following link into your browser https://youtu.be/J8eQr-kzW4U
Listed below explains what the Tanglewood Community Church is all about!
Tanglewood Community Church
- Richard Havenar 417-389-0280 Board Chairman Year Round – Non-denomination Bible centered service on Sunday’s at 9 am in the clubhouse by Dr. William D. Burnham, Pastor. Pastor Bill delivers an inspiring, scripture based and life application sermon with everyday examples of faith. Holy Communion is served the first Sunday of each month. Need a visit by Pastor Bill, please contact him via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or call his home at 863-314-9039. Pastor Bill lives in Tanglewood. Our worship service is open to everyone in or outside of Tanglewood.
- The church financially helps underwrite the annual RV Food Drive, Tanglewood Veterans, and TMAC Tech Committee. The Church gives over 25% of their collections to mostly local charities quarterly. In addition, the church provides money and help to build churches and install water pumps to give clean drinking water to people in Guyana. Copies of the latest sermons can be heard plus a Listening Study Guide is included by going to www.twrtimes.com under “News” and then “Church News” finally, “Sermon Study Guide”. We invite you to become a part of the family of God here at the Tanglewood Community Church, please join us! The following programs, sponsored by the church, are open to all Tanglewood residents:
- Bible Study (Ladies) A ladies Bible Study Classes are currently available facilitated by various church women and held in the Community Room on Tuesday’s at 10 am to 12 noon. Year Round – Maximum class size is 20. Contact Janice Arden at765-491-2176 with questions. All welcomed.
- Bible Study (Men) Bible Study is held the first Friday each month at 8am at the American Grill, 3400 Sebring Parkway by Pastor Bill Burnham. Contact Pastor Bill, at 863-314-9039 with any questions.
- Choir Practice Janice Arden, Choir Director 765-491-2176 – Church choir practices every Thursday at 3PM
- Bible Studies Various other Bible studies occur throughout the year. Pastor Bill Burnham has conducted Bible studies during the summer months and will continue to conduct them throughout the year. Check the Tanglewood Community Church bulletin each Sunday for details or contact Pastor Bill. Janice Arden 765-491-2176 with Marian Stobaugh conduct different Bible Studies in their home periodically throughout the year. afternoon at 3 pm in the clubhouse near the stage. Join them as they sing praises to our risen Lord and King!
- Choir Practice Janice Arden, Choir Director 765-491-2176 – Church choir practices every Thursday afternoon at 3 pm in the clubhouse near the stage. Join them as they sing praises to our risen Lord and King!
- Christmas Projects Seasonal – Visit Tanglewood homes of the sick or shut-in’s and sing Christmas Carols. An annual Christmas program is presented by the choir the first Sunday of December for all of the Tanglewood residents and their guests.
- Denim & More Sewing Group Jean Fusco 860-817-4438 Year Round (more active from October thru April.) Open to everyone in Tanglewood. Meet on Thursdays at 9 am in the Craft Room. Does numerous charity projects and operates with donated fabrics, threads and miscellaneous items, etc. Donates to Veterans, Humane Society, Head Start Programs, Church Service Center, Battered Women & Children Shelter, Nursing Homes, Hospice and Home Care services to name a few. We make clothing for children; donate handmade quilts, blankets, bags, eyeglass cases, toys, sweaters, walker & wheelchair bags, shirt protectors (bibs), etc. Open to suggestions for items needed In the Highlands County area. They also made diapers and clothing for the church’s mission in Guyana.
- Health Ministry Pam Batey 863-304-8897 Year round They sponsor the Monday morning blood pressure checks and the annual Health Fair in January. Inaddtion, Pam Batey offers Hands Only CPR classes at various times during the year.
- Needlework Club Jean DeLucia 863-314-0926. Seasonal – Knitting & Crocheting social group meets on Tuesdays at 9 am to 11 am in the Craft Room. Let us get together. Do your own work (bring your own yarn) or charity work (which we have yarn for you to use). We make items for nursing homes, hospitals (hats for new born infants); make sweaters for around the world for Guidepost, items for Hospice (hats and Afghans) and red, white and blue lap robes for Veterans. Don’t know how to knit or crochet, not to worry; there will be someone here to teach you. Come join us! Have fun, we are a friendly group. Needlework Club took the summer off from June – September.
- Transporter Group Richard Havenar 417-389-0280 Year Round – Provides transportation to local medical appointments for those unable to drive themselves. Look in the Tanglewood Transporters Notebook in the Information Center for a list of volunteers that will drive you to an appointment.
- Men’s Life Howard Lowry 863-382-6170, Sam New 314-225-8051, and Richard Havenar 417-389-0280. Under Men’s Life will be Men’s Life Bible Study and Men’s Life Help Ministry.
- Men’s Life Bible Study will meet twice a month. This study is open to men that are members of Tanglewood Community Church and non-member men from the community. Vision for the Men’s Life: That this ministry will result in the men of Tanglewood Community Church will consistently honor the Lord Jesus Christ in all area of their lives. Focus of the ministry: To raise up and mobilize our men as faithful spiritual leaders and ministers in Tanglewood Community and Church (In spirit, character, leadership and ministry).
- Men’s Life Help Ministry. Our emphasis is “Ministry of Help”, James 1:27. The purpose of the Ministry of Help is to offer assistance to anyone in the church community that genuinely is in need of a service that someone in the church community can provide. If ladies wish to participate, you are welcome. The contact persons are Larry Holben 863-921-0628 (winter), Sam New 314-225-8051 and Rich Havenar 417-389-0280 (Year Round).