These are good for a snack or to take to pot lucks. There are so many ways to to switch ’em up and make them more creative.
- 14oz bag sweetened coconut
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons extract- vanilla, almond, or what flavor you have in your baking cupboard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and extract
- Stir together by hand until well combined.
Now you can get creative.
Divide mixture evenly into 3 bowls
One bowl will be plain vanilla macaroons
One bowl you can add chopped walnuts, pecans, mini chocolate chips or any flavor of chips you desire. Also add a few sprinkles, to give them color; if you have them.
In the third bowl add 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and stir until combined.
Spray a teaspoon with nonstick spray and drop mounds of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
Leave about 1 1/2 inches between the cookies and bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
Allow macaroons to cool before removing to rack. Store in air tight container at room temperature or freeze for later snacking.
That’s it. Bake them your way….