It’s certainly winter in Florida! One day it’s 55 degrees and 85 the next!
When the temperatures drop I look forward putting a pan of soup on the back burner to simmer. The easier the better!
This recipe for 8 Can Mexican Chicken Soup fits the bill. It’s easy to substitute items according to your tastes and what you might have in the pantry. I like using a pound of browned, drained ground beef instead of the canned chicken to switch things up a bit. This recipe lets you be as creative as you want!
• 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
• 1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast, drained
• 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
• 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
• 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
• 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
1. Open and pour all ingredients into a large stock pot or into your slow cooker and stir together. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours in the crock pot or 1-2 hours on the stovetop. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips.