We will be welcoming back the Big Red Bus on August 12th . If you are interested in donating please read the following and set up an appointment. NO WALK INS will be accepted.
The following procedures and protocols are being used system wide for all drives to protect the safety of our donors.
Due to social distancing, donors must make their appointments online so that we minimize walk-ins and avoid large groups.
We will be there from 9:00 am-1:00 pm and will only have 12 available appointments for that day.
USE SPONSOR CODE 9372 (This number is unique to Tanglewood)
Since this is a closed to the public drive, it will not show up in our website unless donors use the sponsor code.
If any donor has any difficulties in making the appointment, I will make the appointment for them, all I need is their name, appointment time and contact telephone #.
Safety of the blood supply, our donors, team members and blood recipients are OneBlood’s top priorities.
It is safe to donate blood. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that the coronavirus does not pose any known risk to blood donors during the donation process or from attending blood drives.
OneBlood Donation Safety Protocols
1. OneBlood is regulated by the FDA and required to follow strict operational guidelines.
2. Our facilities and Big Red Buses are clean and meet all FDA safety standards as well as CDC recommendations.
3. At every blood drive OneBlood team members follow safety protocols, including:
4. Staff and donors are wearing masks.
5. Immediate temperature checks, as well as donor mini-physicals to ensure donors are healthy and well on the day of donation.
6. Wiping down donor-touched areas and equipment after every collection with disinfectant. This includes, donor beds, registration tablets, blood-pressure cuff and hemoglobin sensors.
7. Using sterile collection sets for every donation.
8. Wearing medical gloves for blood collections.
9. Only people who are healthy are eligible to donate blood.
10. As an additional safety measure, OneBlood is asking people who have traveled to countries at high risk for the
coronavirus to self-defer from donating blood for 28 days upon returning to the United States.
11. Team members who are sick or not feeling well do not report to work.
Social Distancing on the Big Red Bus
* At blood drives, only 4 donors are permitted on the bus at any one time.
CALL ME AT 786-394-3422 IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS!