REMINDER FOR OUR NORTHERN RETURNING FRIENDS AND LOCALS
With high season around the corner and our northern friends starting to plan their trip back home to Tanglewood, we want to take a moment to remind everyone of Hometown America’s COVID – 19 safety protocols. While Florida currently has no travel restrictions in place; we are urging all residents who have traveled or planning to travel, to take precautions while starting to get back into Tanglewood activities and social interactions. We have weathered well during this crisis and it is mostly due to our smart thinking, respect for one another and everyone making smart choices. Our number one goal is to keep everyone in our Tanglewood Family safe.
We know that close contact with other people, especially indoors, increases risk. The more people an individual interacts with at any gathering, and the longer the interaction lasts, the higher the risk of becoming infected and spreading the virus to others. No matter where you go, please stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms.
Throughout this pandemic, the safety of our residents and team members has been and will continue to be our top priority. While we follow guidance from the CDC, the state and local municipalities and health departments, we also must take into consideration the policies and procedures we believe are most safe for our residents, customers and employees as we balance the reopening process.
Thank you for all you’ve done over the past several months to adhere to our community guidelines. With your continued cooperation, we can help minimize the spread of the virus within our communities as our facilities begin to safely reopen. All residents and Hometown team members have a personal responsibility to follow CDC and health department guidelines for their own safety and the safety of others. We should all feel proud of the support we have shown to one another to keep our communities safe to date.
As a reminder, health officials recommend we practice the following:
* ● Avoiding close contact with individuals outside of your household, including maintaining at least a 6 feet distance from other individuals.
* ● Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
* ● Covering your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
* ● Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
* ● Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily.
* ● Monitoring your health daily and staying alert for symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
We’ve outlined all current safety protocols below. We know that close contact with other people, especially indoors, increases risk. The more people an individual interacts with at any gathering, and the longer the interaction lasts, the higher the risk of becoming infected and spreading the virus to others. No matter where you go, please stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms.
Sales and Operations Offices will be staffed for normal business operations, however, they will remain closed to visitors. Please call or email for assistance so that we may serve you 863-402-1500 Tanglewood@hometownameric.net .
Pools will have hours of operation as listed below, with increased cleaning before or after closing. Facilities will close for an hour midday to allow for extra cleaning.
* Capacity in the pool deck area is limited to 50 residents.
* There can only be 25 residents inside each pool at one time.Time in the pool itself is limited to 30 minutes.Please be mindful of those on deck waiting to get in the pool.
* Residents are asked to limit pool area time to two hours.
* We recommend only persons of the same household to use the hot tub at any given time.Please limit your time to 20 minutes.Be mindful of those residents on deck waiting to use the hot tub.
* You are encouraged to bring your own cleaning supplies to wipe down tables, chairs, handrails, and any other areas you may touch before and after touching them.
* Gates must remain closed by law.Please bring a tissue, rag, or gloves to open and shut it upon entry and exit.
* Chairs will be paired in twos, only persons from the same household occupying those chairs grouped together.The grouped chairs must remain 6’ apart.
* All pool group activities, such as aerobics or volleyball, are not permitted.
* Guest will only be permitted if it will not cause the current allowed pool occupancy to reach capacity.If entering the pool deck will cause occupancy to reach total capacity, guest should return at a later time.
Pool Hours- 7:00am-Dusk
Cleaned before opening and closed for additional cleaning between 2pm and 3pm.
Fitness Centers will have hours of operation as listed below, with increased deep cleaning before or after closing. Facilities will close for an hour midday to allow for extra cleaning.
* Capacity is limited to 6 residents at a time.
* Residents are asked to limit their time in the Fitness Center to one hour to give others the opportunity to use it.
* Please use the cleaning supplies provided to wipe down equipment before and after each use.Please be careful when cleaning electrical equipment or touch screens.These electrical areas should be lightly wiped with a damp, but not saturated paper towel.
* Due to time and occupancy restraints, the guests will not be permitted.
* If there is a resident already using the equipment right next to the one you want to use, please wait for them to finish to accommodate social distancing.
* Please remember hand washing is the best deterrent for COVID-19.Avoid touching your face and wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the equipment
Hours of Operation – 24 hours
Cleaned before opening and closed for additional cleaning
between 9am-10am and 4pm to 5pm
Outdoor Sports Amenities that have no contact will open such as pickleball, tennis, shuffleboard or similar. For game reservations, we suggest team members be of the same households. No congregating before or after play and no spectators are allowed. Please limit play to 1 hour. Some courts may be closed in order to assure we adhere to 6’ social distancing. We encourage you to bring your own equipment. Hometown America will still have equipment available, and it will be cleaned at the end of each day. If you must use equipment provided by Hometown America, you will need to wash it thoroughly before and after each use. Please bring your own cleaning supplies. If you do not have cleaning supplies available, you can check them out at your local office and return them immediately after use.
Outdoor Contact Sport Amenities that may have contact such as basketball, soccer or similar will be open for single play or by household only. Residents are not permitted to play with others outside of their own home. Please limit play to 1 hour. Residents will need to bring their own balls.
Outdoor Non-sporting Amenities, such as dog parks, will reopen with the following restrictions; Up to, but no more than 10 residents in each area at a time while continuing to adhere to social distancing of 6’. If the size of the area will not accommodate 10 guests with 6’ distancing, fewer residents will be able to occupy the space. We highly recommend you bring cleaning supplies to wipe down any items you may touch during use. Hometown will be cleaning regularly, but not in between every use.
Outdoor gatherings will no longer have a limit on number of guests. Residents are expected to social distance at six feet or more at all times. Reservations for spaces will be required, along with a questionnaire of safety protocols in place during the event, including required mask use and social distancing guidelines.
Clubhouse and all indoor facility use will be by reservation only, regardless of the group size, activity or room needed. Please call 863-402-0763 to make a reservation.
* We strongly recommend groups of less than 20 people. Groups of 50 people or less will be allowed with community approval as long as 6’ social distancing from any person not of the same household can be maintained. Guests are not permitted.
* For groups larger than 20 guests, doors must remain open to improve air ventilation.
* Our attendance limit policy is based off of CDC guidelines that classify medium-sized in-person gatherings as medium-risk.
* Residents are responsible for wiping down any objects or materials touched before leaving with sanitized wipes.
* Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
* A mask will be required while inside the building.
* Facility use is for residents only at this time. Guests are not permitted.
Darts and Billiards
– we recommend you play with those of the same household only. We encourage you to bring your own darts, sticks and to clean all pool balls, racks, and other equipment before and after use. We highly recommend using disposable gloves when playing any games with persons of another household
Cards – unfortunately, it is not feasible to play 6’ away from other card players. Therefore, we are not able to reinstate cards at this time. We have found card games to be a high-risk behavior in our communities
Library – Can be used by appointment only. Only one person at a time will be permitted. Mask and gloves must be worn entire time you are in the library. Returned books must be quarantined for 7 days before being placed back in circulation.
Water fountains will remain closed. We suggest all residents bring their own water bottles.
Signage around proper social distancing and safety procedures are displayed in all common areas and will be updated when necessary.
We sincerely appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. Together, we can take responsibility for our health and the health of our loved ones and work to keep our friends, family and community safe. We will continue to keep you updated as new procedures and protocols evolve.