Relaxing COVID Protocol
With Florida opening more and relaxing restrictions around the state, we are excited to share with you the following updates and reminders for COVID – 19 safety protocols. While Florida currently has no travel restrictions in place; we are urging all residents who have traveled or who are planning to travel, to take precautions while starting to get back into community activities and social interactions. We have weathered well during this crisis and thank you for your respect to others and the smart choices you have made over the past year. Our number one goal continues to be keeping everyone in our Tanglewood Family safe.
As you know, many have had the chance to get a vaccination, but not everyone has received it. Some do not qualify yet and others may have chosen not to or just haven’t been able to schedule it. The CDC issued guidance for those who are fully vaccinated, and they are recommending that safety protocols continue to be followed in public settings We know that close contact with other people, especially indoors, increases risk. The more people an individual interacts with at any gathering, and the longer the interaction lasts, the higher the risk of becoming infected and spreading the virus to others. Please continue to follow guidance to stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms.
Throughout this pandemic, the safety of our residents and team members has been and will continue to be our top priority. While we follow guidance from the CDC, the state and local municipalities and health departments, we also must take into consideration the policies and procedures we believe are most safe for our residents, customers and team members as we balance the reopening process.
With several restrictions being lifted below, we remind you to be responsible and follow health officials’ recommended practices, especially distancing six feet from others and wearing a mask:
* Avoiding close contact with individuals outside of your household, including maintaining at least a 6 foot distance from other individuals and wearing a mask.
* Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer.
* Covering your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
* Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
* Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily.
* Monitoring your health daily and staying alert for symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Operations Offices will be staffed for normal business operations; however, we will not be meeting face-to-face. We have several other options available for you. We can meet virtually through Teams. Simply call the manager to have a link emailed to you. We can also meet over the phone or Facetime if you have an iPhone. You may reach us at Tanglewood 863-402-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Offices. We are currently taking appointments. Please call or email for assistance so that we may serve you. Robin Etherton 502-262-8117 Deb Shea 631-332-4072
* Hours of operations will return to normal hours of Dawn to Dusk.
* Capacity in the pool deck area and the pool itself will return to normal.
* Time limits on the pool deck and pool are now lifted.
* We continue to recommend only persons of the same household to use the hot tub at any given time. Please limit your time to 20 minutes. Be mindful of those residents on deck waiting to use the hot tub.
* You are encouraged to bring your own cleaning supplies to wipe down tables, chairs, handrails, and any other areas you may touch before and after touching them.
* Gates must remain closed by law. Please bring a tissue, rag, or gloves to open and shut it upon entry and exit.
* Pool group activities, such as aerobics or volleyball, are now permissible.
* Guest will now be allowed in the pool area at all times.
Daily cleaning will occur before or after pool hours.
Fitness Centers will have normal hours of operation as listed below, with increased deep cleaning before or after closing.
* Capacity will return to normal.
* Residents will no longer need to limit their time.
* Please use the cleaning supplies provided to wipe down equipment before and after each use. Please be careful when cleaning electrical equipment or touchscreens. These electrical areas should be lightly wiped with a damp, but not saturated paper towel.
* At this time, to limit possible exposure, guests will not be permitted.
* If there is a resident already using the equipment right next to the one you want to use, please wait for them to finish to accommodate social distancing.
Hours of Operation – 24 hours a day.
Cleaning will be done at 7 am daily.
Daily cleaning will occur before opening or after closing.
Outdoor Sports Amenities that have no contact will open, including pickleball, tennis, shuffleboard or similar. Reservations are no longer necessary. We suggest team members be of the same households. Spectators are reminded to distance 6′ from those outside of their own household. There will no longer be a limit to play time. All courts will be open. Hometown America’s equipment will be available, and it will be cleaned at the end of each day. If you must use equipment provided by Hometown America, you will need to wash it thoroughly before and after each use.
Outdoor Contact Sport Amenities that may have contact such as basketball, soccer or similar will continue to be open for single play or by household only. Residents should not play with others outside of their own home. Please limit play to 1 hour. Residents will need to bring their own balls.
Outdoor Non-sporting Amenities, such as dog parks, will no longer have capacity restrictions. Please continue to adhere to social distancing of 6′. If the size of the area will not accommodate 6′ distancing, please wait until someone leaves before entering. Hometown America will be cleaning regularly, but not in between every use.
Outdoor gatherings continue to have no limit on number of guests. Reservations for spaces will be required. Masks and distancing of 6′ will be required at all times.
Clubhouse and all indoor facilities.
* The clubhouse and community buildings will be unlocked normal hours for groups of 19 or less, you will need to call Billie at 863-402-0763 prior too, to make sure that there is no one else using the room or area you would like to use.
* We strongly recommend groups of less than 20 people. Groups of 20 – 50 people will be allowed with a reservation/community approval as long as 6′ social distancing from any person not of the same household can be maintained. For groups of 20 – 50 guests, doors must remain open to improve air ventilation.
* From time to time, you may find the clubhouse is temporarily closed for cleaning. There will be signage to indicate this. We will be cleaning after groups of 20 or larger before anyone else can enter, in addition to our normal cleaning of once per day.
* At this time, to limit possible exposure, guests will not be permitted.
* Our attendance limit policy is based on CDC guidelines that classify medium-sized in-person gatherings as medium-risk.
* Residents are responsible for wiping down any objects or materials touched before leaving with proper cleaning supplies.
* Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
* A mask will be required while inside the building.
Darts and Billiards – We recommend play with those of the same household only. We encourage you to bring your own darts, sticks and to clean all pool balls, racks, and other equipment before and after use. We highly recommend using disposable gloves when playing any games with persons of another household
Cards – Cards and board games will be allowed if the group can maintain 6′ distance from others outside of their own household, this will be done in the Community Room after speaking with Billie at 863-402-0763 to confirm it is available.
Library – It will be open normal hours. Residents are reminded to distance 6′ or more from anyone outside of their own household while in the library. Mask and gloves must be worn the entire time you are in the library. Retuned books must be quarantined for 7 days before being placed back in circulation.
Water fountains will remain closed. We suggest all residents bring their own water bottles.
Signage around proper social distancing and safety procedures are displayed in all common areas and will be updated when necessary.
We are extremely excited to be able to take this next step into reopening. Thank you for your continued patience and the great respect you have shown for your neighbors. We are proud of the low number of cases we have had throughout our communities and with your help, we hope to continue to see few infections. We know you have been excited to get out and do more, and we hope you are thoroughly enjoying yourself as we continue to reopen safely!