SPRING FORWARD IN TIME
Sunday, March 12th will be the official date to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed. AKA: SPRING FORWARD. It starts at 2:00AM on Sunday, March 12th and ends on Sunday, November 5th. So, in the blink of an eye, we lose an hour of sleep. Several more things may occur on Sunday because of the change. Especially for those who have to manually set their clocks ahead but forget to do it. Here is the short list:
- People will be late for church,
- Restaurants may not be open in time for breakfast or lunch.
- Good News: Most of your ‘smart clocks, phones, etc. will automatically spring forward. So, when the time on Sunday is 2:00 am it automatically jumps to 3:00 am.
- You just lost an hour of precious sleep.
- For those early birds who walk, you just lost the early morning light. Although, the evening will be much brighter for longer periods of time.
- Healthwise, your heart might skip a beat or two since it can be a challenge on the new time to take morning meds. Check with your doctor about this part.
Why all the fuss? The sun still rises in the morning and sets in the evening. Although our biological clocks and circadian rhythms may take a while to adjust. Since most of us are retired, we don’t care what day it is, much less what time it is, unless you live here in Tanglewood.
There is yet another time zone that only we know about; and that’s TANGLEWOOD TIME! For the new residents all I can tell you ahead of time is just that. Be there ahead of whatever time you should be. Confusing? Yes! But eventually you will get the hang of it. You may not get inside the clubhouse early, but you will be closer to the door along with your friends. That’s where you can save time by catching up on all the Tanglewood gossip! Thus, relieving stress and anxiety at the door so you can enjoy the evening.