Tanglewood Community Church Profile
Tanglewood Community Church Meets every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. in the clubhouse. WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US!
At Tanglewood Community Church, you will find a friendly church made up of people from a variety of faith backgrounds coming together in faith and fellowship. This is a great place to meet and connect with and build friendships and relationships with others who have discovered the joy of the Christian lifestyle.
We welcome you to come join us!
Our Mission statement:
Tanglewood Community Church exists to love God, love people and share Jesus with everyone
Our Vision statement:
Our vision is “To be Jesus to everyone, wherever we are!”
Our core Doctrines (or) Statements of faith:
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of Supreme and final authority in faith and life (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16,17)
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of Mary while she was yet a virgin, and is the God and true man. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Colossians 2:9)
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God.
Also that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in word, thought and deed. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 5:12; 3:23; 6:23; 1 Corinthians 15:22)
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His Shed Blood. (Acts 13:38; Romans 4:5,25; Galatians 2:16)
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there seated at the right hand of the Father for us as High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 24:1-43; Acts 2:32; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1)
7. We believe in the blessed hope, the personal, and the pre-millennial and the imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 1:9; 4:13-18; 5:1- 11; Matthew 24-28; Jude 14;Revelation 19:11-21)
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit, and preserved unto the Day of Redemption. (John 3:5; 10:28; 1Peter 1:23; Romans 8:35-39)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the conscious everlasting punishment for the lost. (John 5:28; Revelation 20:4,5)
10. We believe that all the saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices, and are go into all the world by life and word to proclaim the truth of the good news of the Gospel. (Romans 12:1; 2 Corinthians 5:14-18; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
Our core Values are:
BIBLICAL – We believe the Bible is true and that its teaching is the catalyst for life-change in an individual’s life and in the church. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:22- 25; Hebrews 4:12; Acts 20:32)
EVANGELISTIC – We believe unchurched people matter to God, and therefore ought to matter to the church. (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14)
RELEVANT – We believe the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally sound. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
TRANSFORMATIONAL – We believe followers of Jesus should live authentic Christian lives and strive for continuous spiritual growth. (Ephesians 4:25-26 & 32; Philippians 1:6; Hebrews 12:1)
PURPOSEFUL – We believe the church is a unified community of servants, each one exercising their unique spiritual gifts, and structured according to the nature and mission of the church. (Romans 12; Ephesians 4; 1 Corinthians 12 & 14; 1 Peter 4:10; 1 Peter 5; Acts 6:2-5)
LOVING – We believe loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. (1 Corinthians 13)
RELATIONAL – We believe life-change happens best through relationships. (Acts 2:44-47)
EXCELLENT – We believe excellence honors God and inspires people. (Philippians 3:12-16; Colossians 3:17; Proverbs 27:17)
SPIRITUAL – We believe the pursuit of full devotion to Christ and His cause is expected of every believer. (Philippians 2:1-11)
FREE – We believe in religious liberty for all people, the separation of church and state, and the autonomy of the local church. (Galatians 5:1; Matthew 22:21)
The Bible says when you are planted in the house of the Lord, you will flourish.
So, we invite you to experience our services and be a part of the Tanglewood Community Church family. Get ready, because together God can do great things through us!